Amazon Web Services (AWS): CodeGuru: Points to remember
Let's learn about Amazon CodeGuru:
- CodeGuru is a fully managed service that helps proactively improve code quality and application performance with intelligent recommendations.
- CodeGuru includes CodeGuru Reviewer and CodeGuru Profiler.
- CodeGuru Reviewer analyzes code pull requests on users code repositories and CodeGuru Profiler analyzes the performance of their applications as they run.
- CodeGuru Profiler can identify when an application is consuming excessive CPU capacity on a logging routine instead of executing core business logic.
- CodeGuru Profiler is designed to profile an application continuously in production, with a minimal footprint.
- CodeGuru Reviewer is an automated code review service that identifies critical defects and deviation from AWS best practices for Java-based code.
- CodeGuru Reviewer scans the lines of code within a pull request or code repository and provides intelligent recommendations based on standards learned from major open source projects as well as Amazon codebase.
- CodeGuru Reviewer currently supports Java code stored in GitHub and AWS CodeCommit repositories.
- CodeGuru Reviewer will need read-only access and the ability to post comments on the Pull Requests.
- CodeGuru Reviewer does not store users source code.
- CodeGuru Reviewer is trained using rule mining and supervised machine learning models that use a combination of logistic regression and neural networks.
- CodeGuru Reviewer uses the feedback users provide as labels and iteratively improves the quality of code detectors.
- CodeGuru Profiler analyzes the application runtime profile and provides intelligent recommendations and visualizations that guide developers on how to improve the performance of the most relevant parts of their code.
- CodeGuru Profiler is designed to collect data on everything that happened in that application’s behavior, regardless of scenarios.
- CodeGuru Profiler uses a knowledge base of commonly encountered performance inefficiencies to automatically discover code patterns in users live application that impact its performance.
- CodeGuru Profiler works with applications hosted on Amazon EC2, containerized applications running on Amazon ECS and Amazon EKS, as well as serverless applications running on AWS Fargate.
- CodeGuru Profiler currently supports Java applications.
- CodeGuru Profiler consists of three parts: an agent, the profiler service & intelligent recommendations.
- A profiler group is a logical grouping created by users. It represents the boundary of one application.
- CodeGuru Reviewer will automatically provide intelligent recommendations as comments on users pull requests generated for the connected repositories.
A Points to remember series by Piyush Jalan.